Icons gone under “Start Menu”
Start > All Programs.
Is it worthwhile to follow these instructions.
- Close all windows
- Opens the Task Manager (ctrl Shift Esc)
- Select the Processes tab and right click on the process “Explorer.exe”
select “Quit the process” > OK (The whole desktop disappears)
- Click on File in the menu bar, select “New Activity (Run…), type cmd.exe > OK.
- In the command window, type the following command.
CD /d %userprofile%\\AppData\\Local
DEL IconCache.db /a
- Click again on File in the menu bar, select “New Activity (Run…),
type explorer.exe > OK (The desktop comes back with icons).
The problem solved.