A guide to remove the old drivers in Windows
One of the most annoying problems with Windows is when the hardware manufacturer does not develop properly Driver for each operating system. Sometimes the manufacturer releases an updated version which you then need to install on top of the older version.
If, for example, use a removable USB hard drive, which has not been plugged in, Windows will install the correct driver for the. When you remove the device retains the Windows driver so that they will be ready the next time you connect your device.
Vad händer med Drivers när man ersätter ett grafikkort, network or a printer that has been discarded? What happens to the driver if you never connect the device to the computer again? It is still present but not visible.
Over time, your computer will collect an increasing number of unused drivers that take space on your hard drive, and still have been installed, they can cause problems if they are somehow activated. In some cases they can also cause hardware conflicts and to make matters worse, when you want to use the same device after a long period of inactivity, even if you reinstall an updated version of the driver, Windows can still use the older version of the.
So how do you get rid of these old and useless drivers? Let me show you. …
By default, Device Manager will display only those drivers who are active are currently using. The old that is not used is not visible.
- Go to Control Panel and double-click System. Du kan också högerklicka på “Dator” On the Start menu (or on the desktop if it appears there) and select Properties.
- A faster way to open up the properties for the system is press the Windows key on your keyboard and press the Pause / Break while.
- Klicka på “Avancerade systeminställningar” och klicka sedan på knappen “Miljövariabler”.
- I avsnittet “Systemvariabler” klickar du på knappen “Ny…”.
In the new dialog for System variables variable name value type
(just copy this text and paste it where) and give the variable value:
- Click on OK.
- In the Environment Variables window, notice how the new variable appeared in the System Variables. Click on OK. OK.
- Log out and log in.
- Open Device Manager
(Control Panel> System> Hardware> Device Manager).
- På menyn “Visa” välj “Visa dolda enheter” och märker förändringen. Now you can see drivers who are not active with a slight gray tint.
Drivers who wish uninstalled can now be selected and deleted with the Delete key or right click and select Uninstall.