Windows searches visible WiFi networks nearby. You can hide the neighbors' wireless routers in Windows 10.
- Note the name of the network you want to hide.
- Start a command prompt (administratÃ ¶ r).
- Type the following command and replace “WiFi-name "with the name of the network you want to remove from list.
netsh wlan add filter permission=block ssid="wifi-namn" networktype=infrastructure
- To restore the network in the list again, byt ut
deletein the above command.
- If you forget what filters you've added, you can write
netsh wlan show filters
- Another possibility is to hide all the networks except your own by first adding it and then filter out all other:
netsh wlan add filter permission=allow ssid="wifi-namn" networktype=infrastructure
netsh wlan add filter permission=denyall networktype=infrastructure