Recommended Tools –
Applications that do not directly necessary but that makes working at the computer so much easier, safer and better. These recommended tools are programs that I think is so good that I always install them. Some of them are Shareware that I recommend to buy, they are often expensive and many have lifetime license, absolutely wonderful and is Freeware.
- Total Commander – A file browser instead of Explorer. I belong to the old generation who grew up with “Norton Commander” the DOS era, despite that my sons use Total Commander and they are gaming geeks.
- Winpatrol – Startup manager. Monitors the processes and programs to be started at boot time. Keeps track of that nothing is installed in the background without you knowing it. WinPatrol alerts you when programs attempt to change something in your system. If you install a program just would not approve.
- CCleaner – Clears your computer of temporary files and your registry. Run it once a day.
- vSubst – A tool that creates a logical volume type [M:] to which any folder at any time (also known as Drive Letter). If you often have to work on a specific folder, it's faster if you have a Volume instead – shorter path.
- TCPview – Lists the types of contacts that your computer has just now. A bit geeky but incredibly good.
- Admin Tools i Windows 7 – GodMode – Collects many small programs, features and configurations in a folder so you quick access. De ingår i Windows OS 7 but you must do as instructed to create the folder.
- HDD Regenerator – Tests the hard drive quality and recovers data from bad sectors. Marks bad sectors so that no data is written there again. Much better than Windows >”chkdsk /R”.
- HiJackThis – Checks if you are Kidnapped or Spyware. Skapar en rapport av installerade program som kan analyseras på Internet [Eng].
- Junction Link Magic – Skapar Junction Point, a genuine path to a folder that is as authentic as the original. Unlike shortcut that only one link.